- The party leader must be 23 years of age at the time of booking.
- The party leader is responsible for agreeing and adhering to our booking terms, all payments, breakages and cancellations. By booking with us you agree to our terms and conditions.
- Payment of a deposit of 25% (35% if booking for Glastonbury Festival) of the total charge for rent is required at the time of booking. The balance payment is to be paid no later than 90 days before arrival at the property/site.
- Payment of the refundable security deposit is to be paid no later than 28 days before arrival at the property/site. Following departure we will check the property; if any damages are found then we will deduct the appropriate amount from the damage deposit and will return the balance of the security deposit. If the damages exceed the security deposit amount then we are entitled to debit this amount from the lead bookers card details. If there are no damages then the full security deposit will be refunded within 7 days. For small items such as minor glass breakages (within reason) we accept as general and wear and tear and generally these will not be charged for. Before each booking, housekeeping management will have thoroughly checked the property to ensure that it is as good as it can be before your arrival; this also forms our knowledge regarding damages identified after a booking. By booking with us you accept that our identification of damages are correct and this cannot be challenged. Should you find some form of damage in the property upon your arrival, you should endeavour to email us immediately.
The properties cannot be used for any reason other than 'normal' holiday use without prior permission, to include:
- Wedding receptions
- Formal gatherings
- Third party organised events
In this case, Woodlands Retreats reserves the right to cancel or turn away bookings which are found to be breaching this agreement. In addition to this, we have the right to refuse and cancel bookings already taken whereby we believe that the use will not be a 'normal' booking.
There are properties within our portfolio that have neighbours within a certain proximity - if this is the situation then some noise restrictions may apply especially externally. If guests are found to be breaching these restrictions then Woodlands Retreats reserves the right to charge guests from their security deposit as compensation for the neighbours. In extreme circumstance Woodlands Retreats also reserves the right to evict guests prematurely from their stay if they are found to continually breach the noise restrictions and in this case the full cost of the stay will be retained and some or all of the security depsoit will be retained.
House Inspections & Risk Assessments During Your Stay
Upon arrival at your property it is then your responsibility to thoroughly inspect the property for any uneven surfaces, trip hazards, sharp edges and generally anything which could cause harm to children or adults alike. You should then discuss any potential hazards as a group to ensure that everyone is aware and any appropriate action is taken. Many of our properties are by their nature old and have quirks and uneven floors and elements of the house which could be viewed as dangerous in the wrong circumstance. Woodlands Retreats and the owners of the properties cannot be held responsible for any injury sustained whilst staying at one of our managed properties and by booking with us you accept this and will conduct the thorough property assessment.
If you have to cancel your booking, you will lose your deposit and be obliged to pay the balance unless the property/accommodation/tent is re-let. In the event of the party leader refusing to pay the balance due, Woodlands Retreats reserves the right to take the balance payment from the card details already provided for the deposit payment. A cooling off period commencing once the deposit payment receipt has been sent from us to you to allow you to amend your booking of 48 hours (if your booking is within 6 weeks of your booking date) or 7 days (if over 6 weeks until your start date) will apply to ensure you have understood these booking terms and have read them thoroughly.
Woodlands Retreats holds no responsibility for guests unable to attend any of the properties due to inclement weather or traffic conditions (i.e. snow, flooding, wind, road congestion etc.). If a guest is unable to reach a property due to poor weather conditions or travel issues, they will lose their full payment and an alternative break will not be offered. Please ensure you have full travel insurance to cover such an instance.
Please ensure that you have appropriate travel insurance to cover the above liabilities. Woodlands Retreats cannot be held liable FOR ANY REASON if you do not. Woodlands Retreats also reserves the right to cancel bookings at any time if guests are found to be rude, obstructive, abusive and/or break the terms of their bookings contract(s).
third party properties & agents
Woodlands Retreats acts as a third party agent for Rock Farm, Hunter's Moon, Smokeham Farm & Higher Burrow Farm. As such any liability for incidents at this property lie with the owners of these properties and not with Woodlands Retreats. Woodlands Retreats does ensure that all the relevant insurances (including adequate public liability) are held by any third party owners. Booking terms for Rock Farm, Hunter's Moon, Smokeham Farm & Higher Burrow Farm are the same as for our other properties.
Hunter's Moon Special Clause
The television and surround sound equipment in the cinema room and also the small television in the other lounge are all made by Bang & Olufson and are there to be enjoyed. The system and sound quality are amongst the best that money can buy and therefore carry a price tag which reflects this. It is an extremely expensive set up and therefore we request that the utmost care is taken in both using it and ensuring that no damage occurs.
In the case of damage being caused as a direct result of the actions of a member of your party then the owner of this property will make a claim against their specialist insurance which comes with an excess premium of £500. This cost will then be charged to you and your party leader. By using this room and equipment you accept this potential liability.
Holiday Reservation Liability
To avoid misunderstandings with out guests we would remind you that a reservation constitutes a legal contract. In the event of a cancellation, both parties should endeavour to re-let the accommodation. Should neither party succeed, then the person making the reservation is legally liable to pay the balance payment for that accommodation and will lose their deposit. If the property or accommodation is re-let at the same price or better, then the guest will be able to receive a refund of their deposit less an administration charge. In this instance the outstanding accommodation balance will also not be due. If the property is re-let at a lower price than the original cost, then the guest will be due to pay the difference between the original amount and the new reduced cost, but again the balance payment would not be due if it is re-let. Woodlands Retreats reserves the right to reduce the price of that period without consultation with the original guest booking.
Holiday extras & activities
As part of our service we are able to help arrange certain activities for you and your group based around trusted local service providers. Examples include in house private dining and cocktail making to name a few. You are however welcome to arrange activities privately at the house (within reason) however; we just ask that you inform us in advance of your stay what you plan to do and provide a copy of the service provider's public liability insurance and food hygiene certificate where applicable. Please note, with the activities that we can provide there is no guarantee of availability and our partner companies can get booked up months in advance - upon request we will check the availability of the relevant activity provider and we can then proceed to arrange a booking for you at that point. A 25% deposit is required upon booking and the activity is not booked until this has been paid. Prices are subject to change from the point of enquiry to booking and minimum numbers may apply.
- The party leader must be 23 years of age at the time of booking.
- The party leader is responsible for all payments and cancellations.
- An initial payment of 25% of the total charge for holiday extra services booked is required at the time of booking. The balance payment is to be paid no later than 90 days before arrival at the property.
- Woodlands Retreats reserves the right to distribute contact details of guests to the service/activity providers connected to their booking. No contact details will be passed for speculative reasons, only for services booked by you (the guest) for your stay.
Cancellations For Holiday Extras
Any holiday extras cancelled once booked will result in you losing your deposit subject to the service provider's discretion.
If you cancel 90 days or before, it is possible that the balance payment will still be due subject to the individual service providers terms and conditions. In this instance Woodlands Retreats will check the status with the service provider and will confirm following this. Each booking will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
If you cancel within 90 days of your arrival for ANY reason whatsoever, you will lose your deposit and be obliged to pay the full balance. Please ensure you have appropriate travel insurance.
We accept no responsibility or liability for any accidents or illness that may occur as a result of any holiday extra activity. The liability and any insurance coverage rests between you and the holiday extra service provider.