Rock Farm is a stunning grade II listed farmhouse which has been completely restored and renovated from the ground up to the very highest standard with our first guests having arrived in March 2014. Dating back many centuries, this property combines all the original features one might expect such as inglenook fireplaces, original beams and of course the thatched roof with modern luxuries like underfloor heating, en-suite bedrooms and an electric Aga.
This property is split into two parts - the main original house and the Granary (annexe) which forms the otherside of the courtyard setting. The main house has 4 beautiful en-suite bedrooms and is where the main kitchen, dining and living areas can be found which will accommodate the whole group comfortably. The Granary has 3 bedrooms which represent the quirky side of the property; each with their own distinctive style they share a good sized bathroom and the smaller of the bedrooms has its own balcony from which to you can gaze over a significant proportion of Somerset.
This property is situated in an outstanding location on the side of the highest point of the Quantock Hills; an area of outsanding natural beauty approximately a 15 min drive from the market town of Taunton. This means that the views from the house are simply stunning and you can see miles upon miles of Somerset's finest rolling hills and landscape. A particular delight when the West Somerset steam train is passing in the distance or when the mist settles beneath the house and all ahead of you is a sea of cloud.....
ALL ASPECTS OF THIS PROPERTY ARE DIRECTLY MANAGED BY US; FROM ARRANGING YOUR BOOKING, CLEANING AND HOUSE PRESENTATION THROUGH TO BEING YOUR POINT OF CONTACT THROUGHOUT YOUR STAY.
- Sleeps 14-16 in 7 bedrooms (sleeps 16 if both double beds in twin room used)
- 4 bedrooms in main house (3 king doubles & 1 twin double room)
- 3 bedrooms in annexe 10m from main house. (2 king doubles & 1 queen double)
- 5 bathrooms (4 en suite, & 3 share close access)
- Private Hot tub seating 8 overlooking the incredible views
- Detached set in own 40 acres with nearest neighbour 400m.
- A top Day spa is located a 6 min drive from the property.
- Nearest excellent pub 1 mile and walkable across the fields - The Rising Sun
- 3 Loose boxes for keeping Horses at the property and lockable tack room.
- Afternoon checkout always available on Sundays at no extra charge.
- Games Room with pool table, darts, table football and a stage area with Karaoke machine.
- Dining table seats 14 & lounge space for 14
- Dogs Welcome (max. 2 unless otherwise agreed)
- Located on the Quantock Hills of Somerset near Taunton (15 min drive) with stunning views.
- 3 Oven electric Aga
- 2 woodburners with logs provided
- Luxury memory foam mattresses
- Bed linen and 2 towels provided per person
- Wi Fi & Sky+ TV with all movies and sky sports channels.
- 42" TV in lounge with 5 other TVs through the property
- ipod docking stations (suitable for IPhone 5 connection) & DAB radio
- Up to date DVD library, books and board games.
- 4 poster bedrooms
- Dishwasher, washing machine & tumble drier, 2 x fridges, microwave and all kitchen equipment.